Time and Key is the fourth episode of the Bakuman anime. It aired October 23, 2011.
Overview[edit | edit source]
After practicing using a G-Pen all night Mashiro falls asleep while taking a test. After class, Mashiro and Takagi go to the studio and Mashiro gives Takagi a duplicate key. At the studio, Mashiro explains the difficulty of using a G-Pen over a Kabura Pen as well as how much work needs to be done to finish a single page. Not wanting to waste a minute, Mashiro begins practicing and Takagi begins reading.
When the two go to a convenience store, Takagi picks up an issue of Jump and sees that a fifteen-year old named Eiji Nizuma was the Semi-Finalist in the Tezuka Awards.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Differences from the Manga[edit | edit source]
- A scene at the beginning where Mashiro is using a G=Pen is added along with a flashback to his uncle talking about G-Pens.
- Suzuki and Kawasaki asked if Mashiro and Takagi wanted to see a porno before Mashiro left to go practice drawing again.
- The characters that Mashiro drew are different from the ones in the manga.
- Mashiro said the three characteristics that his uncle said before talking about high schools or the Qualifications of a Man.
- A scene where Moritaka is eating with his mother and grandfather was added.
- Ishizawa was introduced as Mashiro and Takagi were passing by instead of in a flashback.
Characters in Order of Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Moritaka Mashiro
- Nobuhiro Mashiro
- Miho Azuki
- Akito Takagi
- Kayoko Mashiro
- Fumi Mashiro
- Hidemitsu Ishizawa
- Kaya Miyoshi
- Miyuki Azuki
- Mina Azuki
- Eiji Nizuma
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The manga that was on the table while Takagi was reading Father's Soul were: Death Note, One Piece, Bleach, Hikaru no Go, and Dragon Ball.
- On the "Jack" Cover, you can see a drawing of Naruto from the Shippuden era.